Jim’s was visiting his mother last winter and walked into a very cold home in northern Wisconsin. His mother had turned off the furnace by mistake and the indoor temperature was 50 degrees. He was shocked that his mother was not even complaining about the cold.
Martha came home one day after work and discovered the bathtub overflowing. Her husband had planned on taking a bath but instead, got distracted by a phone call and then went into the garden to work, with the tub water still running.
One morning, Verone was cooking eggs for breakfast but instead of standing by and watching the food as she cooked, she sat at the kitchen table and fall asleep. Her husband came running into the kitchen after smelling smoke upstairs.
If you have experienced any of the above or are worried that you might in the near future, consider getting auto turn off devices that can stop these situations from ever occurring.
Heat, water, and cooking appliances. For example, you can install devices that can detect extreme changes in room temperature and send you an alert if the home is too hot or too cold. Or devices that automatically turn the stove or faucets off when the person forgets. And you can also get affordable rangehood fire extinguishers that automatically dispense if there’s a stove top fire.
Click here to learn more and view a 3-D home rendering of these devices (and other smart house devices).